Global PR Intern
- Public Relations
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna.
About the Opportunity
We are seeking an energetic and engaged PR intern to support N26’s Global PR team with our multi-market storytelling initiatives.
Our team is made up of industry specialists of 7 nationalities based across Europe, and we are tasked with growing the awareness and reputation of N26 in our key markets in ways that are meaningful, impactful and sustainable.
Our intern will play a key role in helping to identify story opportunities and ideas through monitoring of the news landscape and global cultural events and highlights, supporting the team with both ideation and execution of media pitches, both proactive and reactive.
In this role, you will:
- Support the coordination between the global PR team and the local PR experts in each country across Europe
- Support PR team in creation of new digital global press kit
- Compile and circulate daily news briefs with a focus on news-jacking and opportunistic storytelling
- Support the team’s success measurement by ensuring clean data for use in all regular PR reporting
- Identify key lifestyle topics, cultural highlights and consumer trends to inform lifestyle/consumer PR push
- Compile team updates on company, competitor, industry news, insights and inspiration to better inform PR initiatives
- Support with logistics for internal meetings and external events
What you need to be successful:
IMPORTANT: You are eligible to work in Germany full-time and are able to commit for a 6-month internship, starting February/March 2020 (hard requirements).
- Completed Bachelor degree studies in a relevant domain, eg. PR, Business Management, Marketing, Journalism, Communications or related
- Previous working experience in Public Relations, journalism or media relations is a big plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English on a Native/near-native level, other languages a plus
- Great organisational and time management skills
- Digital native with a finger on the pulse on the latest cultural and lifestyle news
- A keen eye for what makes news
- Hands on, energetic and motivated for the role, with strong interpersonal skills and problem solving mindset
- You go the extra mile to get ideas, find solutions, showing proactivity and ability to work independently if needed
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Paid internship
- Accelerate your career growth by joining Germany’s #1 Top Startup, named by LinkedIn two years running 🚀
- Discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of international peers, getting things done attitude, and access to cutting edge technologies
- Dogs in the office - bring your canine companion twice per week
- Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks, snacks, complimentary lunch on Wednesdays, plus pizza, wine and beer on Fridays
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Internal - Berlin (Germany)