Senior Product Security Engineer
- Security Architecture
- Application Security Design
- Penetration Testing
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna.
About the opportunity
We are seeking a Senior Product Security Engineer to enable N26's engineering teams in Barcelona to design and write safe software for each product and feature we ship to our customers.
The Product Security team is part of the Security Segment, that also consists of Infrastructure Security team, Information Risk Management and Trust&Safety team.
The team has launched Product Security Programs to help us reach the security standards and procedures by providing constant guidance to the product team. As a Security Engineer, you will play a crucial part in helping the secure development of our products in our Barcelona location.
In this role, you will:
- Use penetration testing skills and methodology to strengthen our internal and external applications and services.
- Use your knowledge of security architecture to help software engineers build secure products and services.
- Perform application security design, threat modeling and code reviews.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Enable other engineering teams to find flaws before they are introduced into production.
- Perform reactive incident response if a security event occurs.
- Perform proactive research to detect new attack vectors.
What you need to be successful:
Background and skills:
- Software engineering in one or more general purpose programming languages (Python, Go..)
- Previous experience auditing, testing, and analysing applications.
- Web or mobile experience with modern engineering practices such as infrastructure as code, Agile, and resilient architecture.
- Passion for information security.
- Deep technical knowledge in one of the following: cloud and networking security, web application security, mobile security.
- Strong understanding of microservice architecture and working with scalable software in the cloud.
- A knack for finding flaws in software and you can effectively communicate how to fix them.
- Familiarity with fuzzing as a way to find bugs.
- Strong knowledge of secure coding best practices, the OWASP top 10.
- Correctly balance security risk and product advancement.
- Hands-on attitude and the ability to drive solutions to completion.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining Germany’s #1 Top Startup, named by LinkedIn two years running 🚀
- Health & Life insurance, Personal development budget, Spanish language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 24 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 28 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of international peers, getting things done attitude, and access to cutting edge technologies
- Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks, snacks, complimentary lunch on Wednesdays, plus pizza, wine and beer on Fridays
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.