Executive Creative Director
- Creative Direction
About the opportunity
We are seeking an extraordinary Executive Creative Director to create innovative ideas within the N26 brand team.
You will be joining N26 to build and lead a world class in-house creative team bringing our brand to life across our communication touchpoints. You will own brand guardianship and operationalize a team that brings to life collaterals across Brand and Campaigns, Performance Design, Web and Blog and SEO functions. You will report to the VP Marketing (Patrick Stal) of N26 directly.
We are looking for a multi-talented creative leader who is experienced in leading large design teams that operate at scale, knows how to maintain a unique brand identity and brings world changing ideas to life. You’re likely to find yourself nudging world-class talent to deliver excellent craft, defining how to operationalize within the function, working across a broad cross-functional range of stakeholders to drive change and buy-in for great ideas and at times creating work yourself if needed.
If you love leading talent and are still passionate about pulling up your sleeves to flex your craft then this would be the perfect role for you.
In this role, you will:
- Lead a team of designers, copywriters, art directors and more to deliver excellent work with a culture that fosters and attracts world-class talent
- Oversee the creation and production of creative assets and connect brand design thinking to strategy, experience and communication
- Responsible for maintaining excellent cross-functional relationships and a focus on audience needs to ensure that creative teams efficiently deliver assets that are relevant
- Lead creative brainstorming sessions with the team to define trends and innovative ideas to inspire N26 customers all around the world
- Act as the N26 Brand Guardian - Defining, evolving and managing how the N26 brand comes to life across the customer journey
- Foster a culture of data-driven inspiration and evaluation to to assess and optimise creative effectiveness, developing and sharing learnings
- Build senior relationships and leverage your existing network for the benefit of the company and your team, representing N26 within various business forums
What you need to be successful:
- 10+ years of related experience with at least 7+ years of creative direction in a digital, data-driven, marketing environment
- In-house experiences are preferred
- Have a solid understanding of how marketing research, brand tracking, market trends, consumer need, and the competitive landscape influence creative ideation and delivery
- Highly skilled in collaborating with different departments to develop campaign ideas, identify opportunities and resolve conflicts
- Background in graphic design to assist with creating innovative ideas
- Experience with concept development and creating campaigns driven by insights and a clear vision - track record of behavior changing creative work (portfolio)
- The expertise to organise teams and experience in leading and developing creative teams
- Experience in operationalising work - from putting in place excellent briefing processes to the tooling needed to deliver greatness
- High level of creativity and an eye for details and aesthetics
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining Germany’s #1 Top Startup Employer, named by LinkedIn two years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of international peers, getting things done attitude, and access to cutting edge technologies
- Dogs in the office - bring your canine companion twice per week
- Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks, snacks, complimentary lunch on Wednesdays, plus pizza, wine and beer on Fridays
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.