Junior Digital Designer
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Social Media
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a Junior Digital Designer to join our award-winning team in our Farringdon offices.
You’ll need to have a design background that includes experience with online advertising, content creation, UI and UX and be familiar with both existing and emerging digital platforms.
Our awesome client list and fast growth is driven by a culture of no-waffle and a strong creative focus. The successful applicant will need to be able to perform against those values, and hit the ground running without heavy handholding.
What we need from you:
- You’re up with the latest design trends, both on and off the web.
- You’re bold and original. You’re constantly asking questions, pushing digital boundaries and you can articulate your ideas with the rest of the team.
- You’re meticulously detailed and thorough attitude to your work.
- Ability to accept critical feedback and respond accordingly.
- Self-starter attitude with a desire to learn
The skills we’re looking for:
- Graduate to one-year experience.
- A portfolio showcasing strong design skills, considered use of typography and creative ideas.
- A high level of computer literacy: Sketch, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Storyboarding, illustration skills and AdobeAfter Effect are a huge plus.
- Good understanding of digital design: website design/production and the digital landscape
- A strong understanding of using current social media technologies to make content for Instagram, Facebook, YouTube etc.
- Proven ability to adopt a self-motivated, methodical, problem solving approach to work.
- Confident working to deadlines and achieving defined goals.
- Excellent presentation, organisational, time management skills.
In return, you’ll get:
- To work on big brands in a fast-paced, exciting and ever-growing agency.
- The opportunity to develop your own skills in a fun, supportive environment.
- To work alongside extremely passionate digital natives, producing work that we’re all proud of.
- Breakfast, fruit, massages and Friday beers!
Waste is an independent digital agency founded in 2006 on the principle of cutting out unnecessary agency fluff in favour of urgency, expertise and a no-fuss attitude. We call this approach ‘Maximum Digital. Minimum Nonsense.’
With offices in London and Los Angeles, we employ 70+ specialists covering Strategy, Creative, Social & Web Content, Advertising, Digital Experiential, DOOH, UX and SEO.
Our client list includes Supercell, the mobile gaming giant, for whom we deliver player acquisition and retention built around community listening and high-speed, high-quality content creation. Other entertainment clients are Nintendo, Sega, Warner Brothers, Turner and Ubisoft. We also provide digital leadership for energy giant Centrica, covering British Gas, Hive, Dyno and Direct Energy. Other clients include dating app Badoo, lottery giant Camelot and media brand family Oath. We recently won digital strategy & creative contracts with intu – the largest shopping centre brand in the UK, and Grosvenor, the largest casino brand in the UK.
Our approach has seen us nominated for more than 70 awards, including: Awwwards, BIMAs, Clios, CIM, Design Week, The Drum, FWA, Masters, Pixels, Lovies, W3 and Webbys. We’re renowned for brewing our own craft beer, the Waste Pale Ale (WPA), a firm favourite with clients and partners. We also support the UK based gaming charity, SpecialEffect.