- Team Leadership
- Digital Design
- Mobile Design
About the team
383’s Design Team are critical to our operating system, being the area of the business focussed on Human Centred Design and how the things we develop for our clients affect real people. Working collaboratively with our Strategy and Engineering teams in developing elegant solutions for complex problems, they focus on both the needs of the end user through human centred design and the commercial goals of our clients.
Through the use of various proposition, service and experience design processes, the design team are responsible for the conceptual, visual and interactive design for the brands we work with, maintaining a strong emphasis on human-centred design. They enable brands to visualise user journeys and commercial opportunities, making quick decisions on product roadmaps to deliver best-in-class customer experiences.
About the role
We're looking for a passionate and highly talented Senior Designer to be an important part of our growing team, working very closely with the Head of Design to define and evolve how design works at 383, helping manage both the team and our key clients. You need to be at the top of your game, have a strong, versatile portfolio and several years experience crafting human-centred experiences and products that are genuinely useful for real people.
Our Senior Designers take an active role in running workshops, while managing and driving projects for our key clients, collaborating with other teams and developing the stream of product and service design methodologies we utilise at 383. They are also able to consistently help in the planning of projects and resource requirements and work alongside the Head of Design in the dissemination and production of larger scale project work to the rest of the team.
You will have the confidence and authority to lead ideation workshops with our biggest clients, collaborate with our engineering and strategy team and assist commercial with winning new work and defining the scope of our projects. You'll be able to adapt to both product and service design methodologies, be as happy in front of a wall of post it notes as you are in crafting high fidelity prototypes in Sketch. Using agile working practices, you will be responsible for ensuring that experience design processes are successfully created and followed, acting as the advocate of the user in all areas of project work but always keeping a strong commercial awareness of the project goals.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for:
- Scoping, planning and designing digital interfaces to make the right use of a flexible array of platforms
- Also designing for print and filming/editing/compositing video where required on projects
- Support the Head of Design on large-scale project definition & production
- Setting the direction for key projects and creating briefs to disseminate to the Associates and Designers
- Following project guidelines to seamlessly evolve and build out the creative assets on each project
- The application of meaningful motion design to your work as a key element and extension to the UX & UI
- Championing each of our key design principles with our clients and internal teams
- Evolve and help craft the design team process, toolkit and frameworks
- Be an ambassador for Human Centred Design & all aspects of UX/UI/IXD
- Using prototyping tools for rapid experimentation
- Researching and evolving best practice UX, UI and Human Centred Design principles & techniques
- Collaborating with the rest of the design team, wider 383 business and clients to develop the right solution
- Create and facilitate key product workshops
- Seek opportunities outside of 383 to talk about and highlight our craft
- Demonstrating to the clients the value of UX and Human Centred Design for real people
- Creating high standard and engaging UI, carefully considering user needs, business requirements and technical constraints
- Mentoring others inside and outside the business and improving internal processes
- Work with our clients, their customers and users to understand their experiences, pain points and areas of opportunity when interacting with their brands
- Collaborate with the Strategy and Engineering teams to ensure our deliverables are aligned to our strategic vision for a client
- Shared responsibility for 383 branding and marketing support, defining the look and feel of our business, external communications, events programme and all company output
- 5+ years of experience at a multi-disciplined agency or client.
- A portfolio containing a solid balance between digital and brand expression and thinking, clearly illustrating evidence of design thinking and human centred design.
- Some experience with user research and usability testing.
- A strong working knowledge of industry standard design and prototyping tools (Sketch, Photoshop, Invision Marvel, Principle etc).
- Proficient in wireframing and comfortable producing concept sketches, user flows, storyboards and prototypes.
- Experience with mobile and responsive design.
- Held a senior design position consistently across a variety of projects, comfortably interfacing with clients and leading discussions on recommended design direction
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Be experienced with leading but also comfortable in following direction.
- Ability to simplify the complex.
- Contribute to inspiring a culture of creativity and digital innovation.
- Experience working with strategists and engineers to understand how we can balance delight and utility.
- Working awareness of relevant methodologies including Jobs To Be Done, Business Model Canvas and Value Proposition Canvas
- Confident leading and mentoring others.
- Able to translate strategic thinking into relevant and unique design paths and experiences.
- Calm - solutions-focused in all scenarios.
- Thinker - approach opportunities logically and with a commercial mindset.
- Collaborative - you value peer contribution and feedback and let it inform your approach and output
- Positive - no challenge is too big or small for you.
- Energy - you bring bags of it every day, the only way is forward!
- Articulate - You consider what you say in lieu of your audience
- Resilient - Change and uncertainty is your best friend
- Curious - You define your ideas through the visual and cultural references around you
- Willing - You hold your ground and passionately support.
We’d love it if you
- Have Video capture, composition & editing experience.
- Have some exposure and experience with engineering techniques, for example coding up a simple site in HTML & CSS
- Have led on new product development for a large, well-known brand or organisation.
- Have experience in delivering a new product or service across multiple markets and clients.
- Gained significant experience with a global product or innovation agency
There’s loads of great reasons to become a 383er
- Personal training and development budget
- A great social scene including our legendary 383 weekender
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Benefit budget to spend on whatever you would like to
- Flexible and remote working, our studio is awesome, but that doesn’t mean you should be chained to your desk 9 to 5 every day. Work wherever you’re most comfortable.
Just to let you know...
We're thrilled with the applications we receive for our roles, and love taking the time to review them, but unfortunately we’re not able to reach out to everyone individually. If we’d like to move forward with your application we’ll definitely be in contact with you!
383 has a policy of non-solicitation of employees from either active or prospective clients. We apologise to any applicants this impacts, but it is a necessary policy to protect our ongoing commercial interests.