Junior Creative (mobile games)
- Idea Generation
What we’re looking for:
A keen and talented junior creative, looking to develop both their conceptual and craft skills at a rapidly growing agency. You might be straight out of college or have a year or so’s experience in another agency. Either way you’ll have a portfolio full of interesting ideas that showcase your ability to think differently with your big ideas and deliver well-crafted work on more day-to-day projects. We are open to either a copywriter or an art director.
We’re proud of our agency. It’s a fast-paced environment, but it’s a lot of fun too, and we value our Wasters and the Waste culture above everything. But that means you need to comfortable dealing with quick turnaround projects and working on a number of briefs at once. We don’t like to micro-manage our team, so you need to be a self-starter, happy to own your own projects to make sure you deliver on time and on quality. To do this, you’ll need to have your finger on the pulse of popular culture, particularly in and around social.
This role is to work exclusively on our mobile gaming clients so a keen interest in gaming is essential. Your knowledge about their games will be essential in delivering and selling through the quality of work our clients demand and the communities we serve expect. The games we work on can differ greatly, so it’s important that we find someone flexible, who can switch between styles. You might be selling a FPS one day and a farming simulator the next.
The successful applicant will have:
- Drive – You want to be producing great work and learning every day and you’re not afraid to put in the graft to make it happen
- Creativity - You’re an original thinker, with a desire to take out work in new interesting directions
- Craft – You’ve started learning your craft, but are keen to keep developing it and learn from the more experienced experts we have already on the team.
- Experience – You’ll already have created a portfolio full of interesting ideas, with some examples of your craft in amongst them. Some agency experience would be ideal, but is not a must. That might be a full time job or a longer term internship.
- Gaming chops – You love gaming and the culture that surrounds it. You are a regular player and already have a good understanding of the gaming landscape.
Your duties will be to:
- Creative concepting and production across Waste’s gaming clients and in particular Supercell – one of the world’s most successful mobile games developers. Makers of Clash Of Clans, Boom Beach, Hay Day and many more of the biggest games in the freemium space.
In return, you’ll get:
- To work on big brands in a fast-paced, exciting and ever-growing agency
- The opportunity to develop your own skills in a fun, supportive environment
- To work alongside extremely passionate digital natives, producing work that we’re all proud of
- Breakfast, massages, fruit and Friday beers!
Waste is an independent digital creative agency founded in 2006 on the principle of cutting out unnecessary agency fluff in favour of urgency, expertise and a no-fuss attitude. We call this approach ‘Maximum Digital. Minimum Nonsense.’
We employ 70+ specialists covering Strategy, Creative, Social & Web Content, Advertising, Digital Experiential, DOOH, UX and SEO.
Our client list includes Supercell, the mobile gaming giant, for whom we deliver player acquisition and retention built around community listening and high-speed, high-quality content creation. Other entertainment clients are Nintendo, Sega, Warner Brothers, Turner and Ubisoft. Other clients include dating app Badoo and media brand family Oath. We recently won digital strategy & creative contracts with intu– the largest shopping centre brand in the UK, and Grosvenor, the largest casino brand in the UK.
Our approach has seen us nominated for more than 70 awards, including: Awwwards, BIMAs, Clios, CIM, Design Week, The Drum, FWA, Masters, Pixels, Lovies, W3 and Webbys. We’re renowned for brewing our own craft beer, the Waste Pale Ale (WPA), a firm favourite with clients and partners. We also support the UK based gaming charity, SpecialEffect.