- Adobe Photoshop
- Digital Design
- Mobile Design
About the team
383’s Design Team are critical to our operating system, being the area of the business focussed on Human Centred Design and how the things we develop for our clients affect real people. Working collaboratively with our Strategy and Engineering teams in developing elegant solutions for complex problems, they focus on both the needs of the end user through human centred design and the commercial goals of our clients.
Through the use of various proposition, service and experience design processes, the design team are responsible for the conceptual, visual and interactive design for the brands we work with, maintaining a strong emphasis on human-centred design. They enable brands to visualise user journeys and commercial opportunities, making quick decisions on product roadmaps to deliver best-in-class customer experiences.
About the role
We're looking for a passionate and highly talented Designer to be a part of our growing team, working closely with the Head of Design and Senior Designers to continously provide world-class design work at 383for our key clients. You need to be a rising star, have a growing, impressive portfolio and several years experience helping craft UX-led experiences and products that are genuinely useful for real people, while developing an understanding and aptitude for human-centred design.
Our Designers take a growing role in workshops and becoming more autonomous on their own projects, while collaborating with other teams and developing their understanding of the product and service design methodologies we utilise at 383. They are also able to begin in helping plan out projects and understand resource requirements, then work alongside the Associates in the production of larger scale project work.
You will have the confidence and authority to assist in leading ideation workshops with our biggest clients, collaborate with our engineering and strategy team and assist commercial with winning new work and defining the scope of our projects. You'll be able to adapt to both product and service design methodologies, be as happy in front of a wall of post it notes as you are in crafting high fidelity prototypes in Sketch. Using agile working practices, you will be responsible for ensuring that experience design processes are successfully created and followed, acting as the advocate of the user in all areas of project work but always keeping a strong commercial awareness of the project goals.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for:
- Planning and designing digital interfaces across mobile and desktop platforms
- Also designing for print and filming/editing/compositing video where required on projects
- Support the Senior Designers and Head of Design on large-scale project definition & production
- Following project guidelines to seamlessly evolve and build out the creative assets on each project
- Seeking to apply meaningful motion design to your work
- Contribute to the design team process, toolkit and frameworks
- Evolving an understanding of HCD/UX/UI/IXD principles
- Using prototyping tools for rapid experimentation
- Researching and applying best practice UX, UI and Human Centred Design principles & techniques
- Collaborating with the rest of the design team, wider 383 business and clients to develop the right solution
- Supporting the creation and facilitation of workshops
- Demonstrating to the clients the value of UX and Human Centred Design for real people
- Creating high standard and engaging UI, carefully considering user needs, business requirements and technical constraints.
- Mentoring others within the business and improving internal processes
- Work with our clients, their customers and users to understand their experiences, pain points and areas of opportunity when interacting with their brands
- Collaborate with the Strategy and Engineering teams to ensure our deliverables are aligned to our strategic vision for a client
- Shared responsibility for 383 branding and marketing support, defining the look and feel of our business, external communications, events programme and all company output
- 5+ years of experience at a multi-disciplined agency or client.
- A portfolio containing a solid balance between digital and brand expression and thinking, clearly illustrating evidence of design thinking and human centred design.
- Some experience with user research and usability testing.
- A strong working knowledge of industry standard design and prototyping tools (Sketch, Photoshop, Invision Marvel, Principle etc).
- Proficient in wireframing and comfortable producing concept sketches, user flows, storyboards and prototypes.
- Experience with mobile and responsive design.
- Held a design position consistently across a variety of projects, comfortably interfacing with clients and leading discussions on recommended design direction
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Be experienced with leading but also comfortable in following direction.
- Ability to simplify the complex.
- Contribute to inspiring a culture of creativity and digital innovation.
- Experience working with strategists and engineers to understand how we can balance delight and utility.
- Working awareness of relevant methodologies including Jobs To Be Done, Business Model Canvas and Value Proposition Canvas
- Confident leading and mentoring others.
- Able to translate strategic thinking into relevant and unique design paths and experiences.
- Calm - solutions-focused in all scenarios.
- Thinker - approach opportunities logically and with a commercial mindset.
- Collaborative - you value peer contribution and feedback and let it inform your approach and output
- Positive - no challenge is too big or small for you.
- Energy - you bring bags of it every day, the only way is forward!
- Articulate, thoughtful, and respectful.
- Be resilient to change and uncertainty.
- Be curious and pull visual and cultural references to define ideas.
- Willingness to take a position and passionately support.
We’d love it if you…
- Had video capture, composition & editing experience.
- Have some exposure and experience with engineering techniques, for example coding up a simple site in HTML & CSS
- Have led on new product development for a large, well known brand or organisation.
- Have experience in delivering a new product or service across multiple markets and clients.
- Gained significant experience with a global product or innovation agency.
There’s loads of great reasons to become a 383er
- Personal training and development budget
- A great social scene including our legendary 383 weekender
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Benefit Budget to spend on whatever you would like to
- Flexible and Remote working, our studio is awesome, but that doesn’t mean you should be chained to your desk 9 to 5 every day. Work wherever you’re most comfortable.
Just to let you know...
We're thrilled with the applications we receive for our roles, and love taking the time to review them, but unfortunately we’re not able to reach out to everyone individually. If we’d like to move forward with your application we’ll definitely be in contact with you!
383 has a policy of non-solicitation of employees from either active or prospective clients. We apologise to any applicants this impacts, but it is a necessary policy to protect our ongoing commercial interests.