Trainee, kitchen Projects (100%)
- Architectural Studies
Herzog & de Meuron is an international architecture firm with its head office in Basel and subsidiaries in Denmark, Germany, Hong Kong, UK, and USA.
For our headquarter in Basel we seek a motivated trainee for a 12-month traineeship in our kitchen projects (100%).
The kitchen is the department in Herzog & de Meuron that manages and shapes the public image of the office with a strong emphasis on taking a critical position on the contributions the office makes to architecture and the thought that goes along with it.
As part of Herzog & de Meuron’s kitchen team, your tasks will include:
- Working with a variety of content (images, film, models, drawings, text)
- Working with the Herzog & de Meuron archives (transport, installation, documentation)
- Graphic support (image-handling, drawing, photography, presentations, publications)
- Display support (model-making, mock-ups, prototypes, installations)
- Short- and long-term projects
- Working independently and with teams
- At least 4 semesters of architectural studies
- Experience in related design fields and cultural sectors (publication, exhibition, graphics, art, film, and communications)
- Fluent in English or German; any other language is an advantage
Your application should include a cover letter, a complete resume, a portfolio, diplomas and job references in a PDF format not to exceed 10 MB. You can send your documents either by using our online application form below or by posting it to us referring to the reference number P20-5.